Affordable Content Management Solutions Using ASP, MS ACCESS and MS SQL Server
Shane Tripcony, MBA, founder of Tripcony Consulting, finds that managing the many websites for the state's only academic medical center can be a daunting task. The public web of the University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences (UAMS) currently hosts 200+ different department, program, division, service and function-based websites. There are over 200 web authors and thousands of pages.
Using traditional web page creation methods, maintaining quality and consistency is always an issue. We needed a system that allowed users to build pages quickly and consistently but did not require a lot of training time or expense.
After working with a team to review and evaluate a number of different options, they decided on a content management solution that met the needs of the University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences (UAMS) in terms of budget and functionality.
We were building a number of news pages every week and posting links to multiple locations. Our CMS allowed us to post a story once and it would link to as many locations as we wanted, and all could maintain individual site designs, if needed. This system offered us a time savings of 75-80% of our production time. We were creating pages four to five times faster than by traditional methods, and with fewer mistakes and greater consistency of design and layout.
We found a solution that is working well for the UAMS campus. It is a solution that can be hosted on a webserver that processes ASP web pages. It comes complete with an Access database or can be configured to run in higher volume environments on SQL Server 7 or SQL 2000.
Now, after months of testing and evaluating different hosting services, Tripcony Consulting offers fast, affordable webhosting packages that are designed to accommodate Xigla's Absolute News Manager and Absolute News Manager.Net products, which are ASP and SQL-based content management systems. If you are interested in a web-based content management system running in an ASP/Access or ASP/SQL environment, contact Tripcony Consulting for more information.
Absolute News Manager Features and Benefits
Fast and Easy Article Publishing
Do you need a quick and easy to use article management system for adding, updating and editing articles and content on your web site?
Absolute News Manager makes it really easy for you or your company staff to perform updates to your online schedules, information bulletins, announcements, tour schedules, sale specials, internal company information, news breaks, daily restaurant menus, as well as articles and public information.
You will save precious time and work by easily updating your web site with fresh and up-to-date content that will keep your visitors coming back for more!
Syndicate Your Content
By pasting a single line of HTML code into your associate sites, you'll be able to provide them with your content thus attracting more and more traffic to your site!
- Keep articles and headlines on your web site fresh and up-to-date : Perfect for any site constantly requiring to update articles, news, stories, headlines, editorials, etc.
- Multimedia content support : Add any type of multimedia content to fully enhance your articles.
- Template Driven : Give any look and feel that you want to your articles and headlines zone thus matching the exact look and feel of your web site. Use both HTML templates for easy publishing or ASP Templates with your dynamic includes and code!
- Save time and money : By not having to make hundreds of HTML changes and tons of time consuming FTP uploads.
- Unlimited Zones : Create multiple zones to classify your articles to (I.E. Business, Sports, Music, Entertainment, etc.) Add any number of articles to any number of zones and control how your headlines will be displayed.